Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Crunch time...

Seems like I haven't posted in a while and I apologize in advance if my posts are more infrequent in the next couple of weeks -- the Museum opens for the season one month from tomorrow and I am feeling quite overwhelmed! I am trying to keep up with those blogs I love to read -- everyone's sprouting seeds, ice-free ponds, and finished projects are a joy to hear about -- I'll try to post coherent comments when I can!

This weekend I did manage to get a new compost bin built and introduce some of the worms to their new home, as well as get some tomato & pepper seeds started! Weaving class is going really well -- most of us finished our samplers last night, then Pam took us on a nice trip around the shop showing us all the nice things we can make our final project out of. I chose a really gorgeous hand-dyed rayon (colorway is called "All Hallows Eve") with eggplant, rust, hunter green, black, and a bunch of other very warm colors. Here's hoping it will make a nice drapey shawl or wrap!

And today was also the first time this spring I've heard the woodfrogs calling -- down on the back trail behind the Visitor Center at work. I had a bunch of kids with me down there this afternoon, and they were having a hard time being quiet enough to hear them! After work I went back down, but by then I think it was too cold or something because I didn't hear them at all! It was a lovely evening, though, and a nice reprieve from the daily grind.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Lynn said...

I'm so envious you can get to the fiber studio regularly. It's such a great place I loved visiting there... It's like a crackhouse for fiber addicts. :-p Now it's a couple of hours from us now so not a regular stop. I'll be at NHSW next month and will certainly be checking out their booth. :-)

9:11 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Glad to hear your weaving class is going well. Weaving is (yet) another skill I'd like to pick up. One of these days...

Ah, spring, spring spring! It's been a great one so far.

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Jessica said...

Although I certainly ouldn't argue with more frequent posts I certaily understand being super busy right now. I'm only managing to post about two times a week and would love to do more. Post when you can but know that there are eager readers out here who are trying to be oh so patient! A question too - what kind of compost bin did you build? We are scavenging around right now for scrap lumber and trying to get a pile going and would love to get as many different examples as possible.

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home