Tuesday, May 24, 2005

It's Raining, It's Pouring...

Sun? What's that? Spring in New Hampshire is being very wet this week. Not good for gardening or little chickies going outside or working in the museum business! Very good, however, for watching movies (new Star Wars), knitting and reading and making cats crazy.

Not much to report...the chickies are about the size of pigeons and have quite a few of their grown-up feathers in. They have moved from their guinea pig cage to an outside shed and I have drawn up plans for their chicken tractor (construction delayed because of the WEATHER). They are eating A LOT of chickie food these days and I can't wait until they can forage outside!

Knitting projects right now include a Flower Basket shawl using the purple Rowan that my co-worker Dana bought for me in France, a Kimono shawl pattern scarf out of lovely eggplant colored Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool (because my boss wanted to make one and I had to have something to show her how on), and the displeasing picot trim on the (again, purple) lacy cotton too-big tank-top.

I have not posted any pictures lately because of new computer arrangements in the house (Laura's laptop -- which had the digital camera card reader -- fried itself and was replaced by a MAC which I don't understand and wireless network which allows me to use MY computer, novel idea). I'll figure it all out one of these days.

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

The last time we saw the sun was a week ago Friday. I don't know how folks in the Northwest survive. I need vitamin D!!!

We just drew up plans for our chicken tractor tonight (yeah, so the chicks aren't due to arrive for another week, but James likes to be prepared!). I'm looking forward to adding more critters to the homestead, although these aren't keepers.

And, don't fear the Mac. I got one this winter, and it's not as scary as you might think. ;)

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home