Wednesday, May 11, 2005

My first!

Liz at Pocket Farm just tagged me with my very first meme ever (see below!). Sorry it's taken me so long to get to it...the Museum opens on Saturday and things are a wee bit crazy these days. But I had to get online tonight because Laura just signed us up for DSL and put in a wireless network in the house. So here I am in my room with my laptop! Today was so nice outside...tonight I have my window open for the first time this spring & all the nice spring smells are wafting in!

The chickies are doing fine. Here is a picture taken on the first or second day we had them. They have since moved on to slightly larger quarters (an old guinea pig cage) and are growing rapidly!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Anyway here is the meme; Funny how so many of Liz's answers are similar to what I would say...I'll try to be original! The Rules: Pick 5 of the following and then complete the sentences:

If I could be a scientist…
If I could be a farmer…
If I could be a musician…
If I could be a doctor…
If I could be a painter…
If I could be a gardener…
If I could be a missionary…
If I could be a chef…
If I could be an architect…
If I could be a linguist…
If I could be a psychologist…
If I could be a librarian…
If I could be an athlete…
If I could be a lawyer…
If I could be an inn-keeper…
If I could be a professor…
If I could be a writer…
If I could be a llama-rider…
If I could be a bonnie pirate…
If I could be an astronaut…
If I could be a world famous blogger…
If I could be a justice on any one court in the world…
If I could be married to any current famous political figure…

The answers ....

1. If I could be a painter...Gosh, I wish I could be a painter. I love colors. I go on these little art kicks from time to time and make a big mess, but never like what I do. I would love to have the dedication & patience to keep a watercolor nature journal! I guess I'll stick to fiber as my art form...

2. If I could be a gardener/farmer...I would love to support myself as a fiber artist/teacher/organic farmer, something like what Deb & Rickie do at Seeds of Solidarity I would grow enough to to sell at our town's farmer's market as well as be a regular supplier for the Concord Food Co-Op. Someday I'll make the big jump & do it...

3. If I could be a justice on any one court in the world…A certain close-to-home world leader and all his corporate cronies would be put away for life for their crimes against humanity & the environment. Enough said.

4. If I could be a librarian…I would keep a special shelf of "Sarah Recommends" for the books listed at the right (scroll down to "must reads").

5. If I could be an architect...My houses would be like Liz the Architect's...small, clustered, efficient & blending in with and causing minimal interruption to their landscapes. Treehouses anyone?

Whew, I did it! Thanks Liz! I don't know who to tag next, but if you read this and want to play, consider yourself tagged!
And speaking of bitter...I live less than 10 miles from the NH Sheep & Wool festival this weekend and I can't go because of the aformentioned museum opening. And its my birthday. Harumph...

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

I had no idea what "meme etiquette" is, but I figured you'd see it eventually. Love all your answers, esp #3 (he's such a bad little man).

The chicks are so cute! I get my broilers in the beginning of June, and will share in the chickie-love. (and of course I have to still build their tractor).

Have a great birthday, despite having to work.

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home